Re: Student Art Calendars

From: Debbie Nicholas (deeknik)
Date: Mon Jul 10 2000 - 08:52:59 PDT

    Sharron wrote:
    .. produce a school calendar that features student
    artwork. I know this has been discussed before (and
    I'll look through the archives) but I'd love to talk
    with those of you who have done this successfully.

    I had a class produce a calendar this past school
    year. We had a great time with the project. I called
    several printing companies to try and get a good price
    for having the calendars printed. Most places were
    $25 per calendar. I was very disillusioned at this
    point. Then someone suggested a class at the high
    school. They do simple printing projects - business
    cards, flyers and such for the school and the general
    public. The teacher gave me a price of $6 per
    calendar. By the time the calendars were printed she
    had decided she should have charged more. We sold
    some calendars to pay for having them printed.

    =====
    Debbie
    NE Texas