e-mail rules and sundry stuff

From: Litesal (litesal)
Date: Mon Jul 10 2000 - 06:41:28 PDT

    Dear Colleagues,

    On e-mail rules . . . o.k., maybe I'm bored (no kids and husband at work)
    but I read almost all the posts and for the most part enjoy them. The ones
    that kind of bug me, though, are the quick comments with no reference to
    what the comment is about (no snippets and incorrect Subject line). They
    don't bother me enough to prompt a complaint, I'm just mentioning it because
    it's on topic. I, too, prefer getting all the messages instead of the
    digest. When I got the digest, I used to hate scrolling through, especially
    when parts were in code. Now that I get the individual mail, I can read
    what I'm most interested in, first.

    On DBAE. I like the concept, but I don't strictly adhere to it. Not all my
    lessons have all components, but by the end of the year, students have
    experienced all the components. I would like to hear suggestions on how to
    incorporate more aesthetics in elementary. Peter, if you could share some
    of what you learned, or point me in a direction, I'd appreciate it.

    On Art is Elementary. I have that book, but I haven't really used it (it is
    really boring to read). I think I will revisit it this summer.

    MORE MAIL NOW (LOL)
    Leah

    ---