Re: Architecture

From: Jhirunrtx
Date: Sun Jul 09 2000 - 23:07:06 PDT

    I live in Plano, Texas and we have many wonderful homes that are part of a
    walking tour. These date from the late 1700's to early 1930's. I use
    pictures of the homes along with an architecture unit with third grade. They
    study the community in their regular classrom, I show them the homes and they
    learn a little about the people who built them. This year, they did
    watercolor paintings of the building of their choice. They turned out so
    well, I'm going to see if I can have a show next year at the City Adm.
    building for the upcoming class. Look to your own home towns for ideas on
    architecture to use in your classroom. I'm sure there is a historical
    association that could help you. This summer, my son and I are working on
    making a video of the homes so the students can see more that a 2-d photo of
    each building. Janet

    ---