Re: rock on henry

From: Artemis420
Date: Sun Jul 09 2000 - 21:36:16 PDT

    PHimmelber writes:

    << DBAE is a popular buzz here in this part of TX...
     yet, committed practitioners are hard to find. Comments? Peter

    DBAE makes an excellent point of departure, specially for art history. I make
    use of its framework quite a bit even in 1st through 3rd; but I don't follow
    it slavishly.
    I first started using it in the 80's and I thought then that it gave art
    education a new focus and a new respectability. Makes a nice lesson
    plan...and the breakdown of art into its elements which can be connected to
    art movements and artist's works is useful. I can say I use the precepts of
    DBAE but not totally.
    Artie

    ---