Re: Architecture

From: wjbaas
Date: Sun Jul 09 2000 - 18:37:32 PDT

    KHeifetz wrote:

    Hi All,
    I've taught Architecture to all ages in Elementary School and thru HS.
    My all time favorite is the Look and Do Art and Architecture series. I don't
    have any catalogues home but they are in almost all educational Art materials
    catalogues. The material is really simply written but even freshmen in HS liked
    it. I updated ythe material and gave other drawing assignments to coordinate the
    material to the level I was aiming at. The ultimate lesson in Art foundations
    classes which are a mixed bag from 9-12, is to build your own house using the
    material learned about, both historical and contemporary. Kids love it, and
    actually remember the material. I had Architecture in grad school and she
    highl,y recommended this material.

    LOL
    Gelato in Wis. where it is 80 and sunny and beautiful

    ---