rock on henry

From: PHimmelber
Date: Sun Jul 09 2000 - 16:33:21 PDT

    It was interesting to listen to the "history" of this list... getting the
    lowdown on the Getty and then the back and forth of what we should and should
    not do on this list. I have learned alot...and being a new teacher every
    little bit helps... and since I don't have a weight problem I delete diet
    info. I especially like the conflicting views... good to see we are not all
    cut from the same cloth.
    What particularily interested me is someone's comment on the Getty dropping
    DBAE... or words to that effect. Personally, I find the discipline based
    stuff overdone for grades K through 3. Focusing on aesthetics this summer, I
    have yet to find a reasonable way to introduce the subject as such in my
    classrooms, grades K,2,3 and 6. This year we are going to 'neighborhood'
    schools and will add 4th and 5th grades. I look to Lowenfeld for my answers
    .. as well as this list. DBAE is a popular buzz here in this part of TX...
    yet, committed practitioners are hard to find. Comments? Peter

    ---