Re: Seeking Rivera/Kahlo Lessons for grades 1-8

From: Buerkle, Jennifer (buerklej.fl.us)
Date: Sun Jul 09 2000 - 12:56:31 PDT

    I did a successful Kahlo unit this year and also extended to self-portraits. I
    learned some interesting (actually some disturbing) things about my kids and what
    they think about. I also encourage (and give credit for) students doing research
    on their own and bringing in the results. One enterprising third grader (I teach
    gifted kids) did a search on Rivera and came back with the delightful information
    (delivered very dramatically) that Mr. Rivera was a cannibal. I'd known this,
    but didn't think anyone would dig it up. Wrong.

    Jen

    PS: I put together a PowerPoint on Kahlo from images I got online. I'd be glad
    to share it with anyone who wants it. It will take a while to download,
    probably, however. I'd stick it up somewhere on the web if I knew how.
    Actually, I make up a whole LOT of Ppt stuff on artists and various techniques
    and would share any of it if there were an easier way than 10-minute downloads.
    One nice thing about using someone else's Ppt. in its working form is you can get
    in there and knock out slides you don't need, or add your own. Anyone have any
    ideas how to share these?

    ---