Re: feathers

From: Buerkle, Jennifer (buerklej.fl.us)
Date: Sun Jul 09 2000 - 12:46:55 PDT

    I raise chickens and every once in a while have to, uh, dispatch an extra
    cockeral (young male) or two. I keep all the feathers (they are wet from being
    removed via hot water) and put them in a pillow case and sew it shut. I then
    wash them in the washer and dry them in the dryer. I have about 20 varieties of
    chickens, and the feathers are usually very pretty and varied, from greenish
    black, through all the greys and browns, stripes, dots, to pure white. I do NOT
    anticipate any angel floats in the future, however!

    Jen in Tallahassee

    ---