Re: Seeking Rivera/Kahlo Lessons for grades 1-8

From: KSchiavo00
Date: Sun Jul 09 2000 - 09:26:11 PDT

    In a message dated 07/08/2000 7:46:34 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
    serowland writes:

    << http://www.albrightknox.org/ArtStart/ASimagesJ-Z.HTM >>
    Sandra- this is a great site!
    Allison- Last year I presented a "self-portraiture" lesson to my 8th graders
    and introduced it with a video on Kahlo -followed by a very interactive
    discussion about her imagery. The project focused on the "proportions" of
    the self image which was done in oil pastel. To personalize, they were to
    add photo's in a collage format around the self-portrait (likes, dislikes,
    hobbies etc...). I also made them incorporate their name into the collage.
    The results were wonderful! I recieved many complements from other teachers
    and used these portraits as wall decor for the 8th grade dance. Many took
    their's home after the dance. It was very cool!
    Kathy in Kalamazoo

    ---