Re: Architecture

From: Christy Kane (claygoddess31)
Date: Sun Jul 09 2000 - 05:50:57 PDT

    The Allegheny Intermediate Unit in Pittsburgh has a wonderful architecture
    program for kids of all ages.( different programs for different ages) They
    run it with the Pittsburgh History and Landmarks Foundation.(If any of you
    read USA today, they are the people trying to save a historical section of
    Pittsburgh from being demolished so that some big name stores can move in)I
    know they have some lessons and posters you can purchase, as well as, some
    excellent tours of Pittsburgh and the surrounding neighborhoods. I took the
    inservice class a few years ago and it was excellent. They even have a
    Gargoyle walking tour for middle schoolers, but beware the sore neck from
    looking up! If anyone is interested please email me, I have to go dig the
    stuff up.
    Christy

    claygoddess31