re: feathers

From: mcgugan (mcgugan)
Date: Sun Jul 09 2000 - 05:12:04 PDT

    My school is located in a very small town. One of the best fund-raisers we
    have is building a float for the Christmas parade. The chamber of commerce
    supplies a long trailer and a local business pays for it.

    Anyway, the art teacher before me created one beautiful float and it won 1st
    prize that year. It consisted of live"angels" singing in a choir. Each
    angel had giant wings covered in white feathers. She had gotten the feathers
    from a local turkey processing plant but they were fresh so they had to be
    cleaned. She soaked them in bleach (outside, I think) and the smell was
    horrendous. They still talk about that beautiful float AND the smell it
    created!

    I worked for the local newspaper there this summer and finally saw a photo
    of that float. It really was spectacular.

    Joy

    ---