Re: Arts education from Getty

From: Artemis420
Date: Sat Jul 08 2000 - 23:50:31 PDT

    LMiller435 writes:

    << The Getty is moving away from supporting Arts Education. I not sure what
     their new focus is going to be, but this decision is something of a joke in
     some museum groups.

     Where does the Getty think they are going to get museum attendees and
     supporters without education in the arts?

    Where indeed?
    They are in that sublime world of International collecting where only the
    getting and curating of fine art pieces matters, methinks.
    Apparently, and from what I have heard, they say that the new Getty Center is
    education enough for the public.
    They really have dropped DBAE from their agenda, too bad.
    Artie

    ---