Re: Seeking Rivera/Kahlo

From: maryannkohl (maryann)
Date: Sat Jul 08 2000 - 21:25:10 PDT

    Hi, Allison.

    The book, Discovering Great Artists, has both a Kahlo portrait project
    and a Rivera mural project. The Kahlo activity (page 80) is called
    Special Self-Portrait, where the artist draws or paints self adding
    special things into the portrait like clothing, pets, flowers, etc.

    Also, check the Kidsart website at
    She is the co=author of D. Great Artists, and may have something to share.
    (I just checked there, and there was no Kahlo or Rivera idea...but some
    other ideas are there that are fun....) She also recommends several books
    about famous artists that might help you.