Re: Seeking Rivera/Kahlo Lessons for grades 1-8

From: SANDRA ROWLAND (serowland)
Date: Sat Jul 08 2000 - 19:47:29 PDT

    Allison,

    Look at the following website for art history and suggested lessons.
    There is a teacher version and a student version. I have used this site
    for my student teaching (although only the art history section) and it
    worked well as a handout. Frida Kahlo is one of my favorites (even went
    as her to a Mardi Gras party - complete with unibrow and monkey on my
    shoulder!). You could do a self-portrait lesson with the background
    telling a bit more about the subject.

    http://www.albrightknox.org/ArtStart/ASimagesJ-Z.HTM

    Sandra in AL

    ALLISON FREY wrote:

    > Hello,
    > I am developing a thematic unit on Mexican artists
    > featuring the dynamic duo Frida Kahlo and Diego
    > Rivera. Please advise me to any websites or lessons
    > that you believe could assist me in this research.
    > Thanks, Allison

    ---