Re: proposed crazy schedule- middle school

From: Rick (rlarson)
Date: Sat Jul 08 2000 - 16:54:17 PDT

    Hi Jeannie, I have been in a similar situation and I rotated classes in. I
    don't think you can do that, but try to do something,. It sounds to me like
    you'd be an aide to these teachers. I feel llike I keep saying alot on this
    list to "talk to your union", but these issues are important when it comes to
    sending a message that the arts are important to the community.( rather than the
    art teacher can really work that zerox machine!) Has your school tried block
    scheduling? 70 min classes on a two day rotation here. Math and English every
    day. Can you get your class sizes smaller and fill up the extra time by putting
    the other kids into these classes? Have an accelerated class? Just ideas. Be
    verbal in your opposition and try to get the music and PE to stick with you.
    Betsy

    Jeannie Sandoval wrote:

    > Hello friends...

    ---