Re: A&E broadcast / the law ?

From: Henry Taylor (taylorh)
Date: Sat Jul 08 2000 - 09:13:50 PDT

    It's a real shame that "Fair Use" proponents and dependents don't
    have an institution to represent them and their needs before the
    law. At the moment all the copyright lawyers in the world seemed
    massed together and threatening. Hardly surprising when the
    institutioins we work with get all paranoid and decide to go a
    bit overboard in hopes of avoiding any unpleasantness. Fair Use
    rights are REAL RIGHTS and as important to art teachers as they
    are to artists. These rights are trampled daily simply to
    convenience institutions. It's a real shame.

    -henry