Re: wise use of the list....response from Bunki....

From: Henry Taylor (taylorh)
Date: Sat Jul 08 2000 - 08:59:37 PDT

    FWIW, The Kennedy Center http://artsedge.kennedy-center.org/
    over on the other coast seems not to have lost the committment to
    education. Until Artsednet opened up it had a vital listserve on
    the Visual as well as the other arts. DBAE is a fairly Modernist
    perspective and is beginning to seem dated at times for all its
    value.

    Changing which listserv one is subscribed to or adding a new one
    is not an especially difficult task.

    For that matter, over on intranets.com http://www.intranets.com
    it's possible to build something new and specific to a group
    without requiring institutional support. It could have galleries
    and a number of other features not found in the listserv format.

    -henry

    > Larry,
    > The Getty is moving away from supporting Arts Education. I not
    sure what
    > their new focus is going to be, but this decision is something
    of a joke in
    > some museum groups. It also causes a hardship, because we have
    been using
    > their research as justification for education programs at the
    museum.

    > Kimberly Herbert (kimberly)
    > CAM Administrator
    > San Angelo Museum of Fine Arts/Children's Art

    ---