Re: A&E broadcast / the law ?

From: L. P. Skeen (lpskeen@living-tree.net)
Date: Sat Jul 08 2000 - 05:31:56 PDT

    > I don't think we got instructions on watching broadcasts; we were given
    > instructions on videos as a whole - including ones taped from television

    When I went to sub training in Guilford County we were told about a horror
    story that happened in Wake County. Some teacher used a Disney video in her
    classroom. Note that most commercial videos have a warning on them about
    showing to anything other than a home audience. Dunno how but Disney found
    out about this showing and sued the school. Subs are told to never bring
    video from home and only show whatever the teacher leaves behind in class.

    Since then I can't EVEN tell you how many Disney videos have been left for
    me to show.............

    ---