Re: A&E broadcast / the law ?

From: Woody Duncan (wduncan)
Date: Sat Jul 08 2000 - 07:48:51 PDT

    Cable in the classroom and other series specifically designed for teachers
    to use usually indicate the length of time the material can be retained
    and shown
    to students (usually one year). Our district frequently sends us
    written reminders
    (which I ignore) that portions of television broadcasts may be taped and
    shown to
    students as part of face to face instructions but, it can only be shown
    once and
    within ten days of the original broadcast. If I was to follow this rule
    I could tape
    something on say Sunday morning and show it to one class say 2nd period
    the next
    Thursday. Then I am required to erase it by the following Wednesday.
    They tell me
    that I can show it one more time, to the same group of students as a
    review or
    follow-up. I think they just send the letter out to cover their a.. in
    case of a
    law suit. Has anyone had similar instructions ? Woody in KC

    Rdunkelart wrote:

    > << Maybe we should all pester
    > A&E to add more art to their cable in the classroom series. This is
    > broadcast specifically for teachers to tape and use. >>
    > Who should I write - I love A&E. Roberta

    About writing, sometimes it's better not to ask too many questions.
    But it would be good to request more art related segments. Go for it.

    --
                           To respond to me privately via E-mail
                               click on wduncan