Subject: Student teachers

From: lia (johns392)
Date: Sat Jul 08 2000 - 06:13:00 PDT

    Leah...the thing about student teachers is that they are so different! The
    plan you have worked out looks fine....that is about how would do it
    also.... the trick is that some STs are ready and some need more time.....
    in the same way some like to work their own lessons and ideas and some
    would rather do yours. I don't think you can have hard fast rules
    here. It can really help a student having trouble watch you do your lesson
    and then try to do it like you...and it can really be boring and
    non-helpful to the next student who is excited about their own idea. Being
    supportive to each individual, and their needs is important.....just as we
    are in regular teaching. That is the key here. Sounds like you are on the
    right track. Allow for some surprises and modifications... and ...it
    should work out well. lia

    ---