Re: "Portfolio" for reproductions

From: Nalin
Date: Fri Jul 07 2000 - 23:48:49 PDT

    For anyone needing a cheap and easy print storage dividers,

    I had a good storage solution for my art prints for a closet. Using plywood,
    cut 2 boards to fit the floor dimensions of the closet. One will be the top
    and the other the bottom of the divider. Grooves are cut about three or four
    inches apart on both top and bottom. The groves need to match spacing.
    Additional plywood is cut the height desired and the depth of the closet.
    These board are slid vertically into the groves of the top and bottom to make
    the dividers. There is no gluing, nailing, etc. It is totally removable if
    necessary.

    For storing and sorting prints (I had many mounted Shorwood prints which help
    support the posters and smaller images) I had one slot for ancient art, one
    for Middle Ages and Rennaisance art, one for modern art, one for cultural and
    folk art and one for teaching aides. It was a small closet in a small room.

    It wasn't the best, but it did keep me from looking at every Shorwood in the
    closet.