Re: Sunday Art CBS

From: Woody Duncan (wduncan)
Date: Fri Jul 07 2000 - 20:25:41 PDT

    I wrote to CBS years ago and got a phone call back. I was told that some
    segments could be purchased for $200 each but I could not be given
    permission to tape and use them in the classroom. I have compiled tapes
    for years and use them on occasion. So far I have not been turned in for
    showing stolen videos in class. My district has a very strict policy against
    use of video without a site license. And they are great art segments, 5-7
    minutes in length and great for introducing or following up a lesson.
                                                    Woody in KC
    I hope someone finds out differently this time. I decided a ways back
    just plunge ahead with what I thought was good teaching and stop trying
    to stir up the legal questions. For the most part I just get answers I don't
    wish to hear.

    --
                           To respond to me privately via E-mail
                               click on wduncan