Re: Getty and the listserv

From: Artemis420
Date: Fri Jul 07 2000 - 17:20:04 PDT

    In a message dated 7/7/00 10:08:01 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
    maryann writes:

    << .after our visit voted
    >to continue this listserv for one year. It is NOT a sure thing to continue.

     We don't need Getty to have a listserv for art teachers. We can have an
     art teacher group through any number of other educational groups (who are
     not in education for profit). if it comes to that, we'll just move on and
     --- regroup! >>
    Exactly. I belong to several other groups who don't seem to have this kind of
    threat hanging over them. Business indeed! As if Getty really needs to worry
    about the cost of a LISTSERV!
    Their focus has moved from art in education to something else, and something
    a great deal more elitist I'm afraid.
    Artie

    ---