Re: Student teachers

From: Holly112
Date: Fri Jul 07 2000 - 14:37:27 PDT

    In a message dated 07/07/2000 9:16:27 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
    litesal writes:

    << I
     started her the second week with 1st grade, then the next week with 1 and 2,
     and so on. I didn't add k until the last week (because I want to get the
     impressionable newbies in shape! lol). Do you think I started her too
     quickly? I figure, the best way to learn is to dive right in and do it. I
     also let her do all her own planning. My requirements were that her lessons
     be discipline based, but other than that I let her go with her interests
     (which works fine with my curriculum). Once again, should I be having her
     teach my lessons first, to get used to it? I, personally, didn't like when
     my cooperating teacher made me teach her lessons, exactly the way she would
     teach them. With my student teacher, I commented on her lessons before she
     taught them to help her refine them, then after teaching them we would
     discuss what happened, what was good, what could be improved, etc. >>

    Dear Leah,

    I think your way is the best way and very similar to my own experience as a
    student teacher. Good luck with your stusent teacher and i wish you lots of
    fun!

    Holly :0)

    ---