Coding E-mail (was make use of...)

From: The Austin's (whest177)
Date: Fri Jul 07 2000 - 08:48:36 PDT

    >>, maybe we could have a code that identifies our answers

    I am also our district's K-2 Librarian, and when I was first given this
    position I joined a library listserv. They use codes, and there were good
    points and bad points to using them. If it was a joke, then in the subject
    you would put Humor: Jokes for Teachers. Other headings included Primary,
    Elementary, High School, Tech, Misc.
    Alot of the librarians had folders that their filters (I'm not a techy, this
    is just what they told me). Their computers sorted their mail into folders
    and subjects they weren't interested in were deleted without opening the
    folder. Unfortunately, they were very picky about their labels, and I'm sure
    they lost several people due to the flaming new members received if they
    didn't use the labels. And that list was HUGE (over 10,000 members, which is
    why I had to choose lists - you think WE talk alot! *L*)
    Michal

    ---