IB and/or AP questions

From: brenda jones (oxydol)
Date: Fri Jul 07 2000 - 07:29:54 PDT

    I have a couple of questions for those of you who do or are planning to teach
    Advanced Placement Studio:
    Is your class two years long?
    Do you have "entrance requirements"?
    How many students in a period?
    Do you do both drawing and general portfolios?
    How do you keep track of students doing many different things and yet make
    sure that they all get the required number of pieces in?
    How do you do grading?
    How do you get the "non-drawing" (photography) students into drawing confidently?

    A couple of questions for those who teach International Baccalaureate art:
    Do you teach Pre-IB art as well?
    What kinds of assignments do you start the year with for Pre-IB?
    As students are going in many different directions at once, what do you do to
    keep track of grades?
    How many students in a class period?
    How have you chosen your examiner?
    What things do you do to get the students started with enthusiasm in the
    Research Workbooks?
    Do you have access to many different kinds of materials/labs (ceramic,
    photography, etc.)?

    ---