mentor question and thanks

From: mcgugan (mcgugan)
Date: Fri Jul 07 2000 - 05:50:29 PDT

    This list is great! I try to personally reply to everyone who shared their
    experiences, but if I left someone out, thank you for your responses to my
    mentor question.

    I am still working on the assignment, so if anyone else has anything to
    share about mentoring experiences, please feel free to contact me at
    mcgugan

    Joy

    the original post:
    I am in a grad class and one of my assignments is on mentors/mentees. If
    you have anything to share, I'd appreciate it.

    If you are a mentor, what did you do to help your mentee? What kind of
    responsibilities did you have? What do you think was most beneficial to
    your mentee? Was that person a certified first year teacher, lateral entry,
    or just new to your school? What kind of leadership qualities should a
    mentor have? Does your school or district have a formal program?

    If you were a new teacher, etc. how did your mentor help you? What kind of
    methods were used? What about positive and negative experiences? What kind
    of characteristics/skills do you think a mentor should have?

    ---