Re: Make wise use of the list or Delete This!

From: Teachercbs
Date: Fri Jul 07 2000 - 03:40:12 PDT

    I was really sad to read the posts warning us only to talk about
    "professional" topics on this list. I have always valued this list not only
    for the many creative ideas but for the kindness and support of the members.
    Support does not always involve a specific art issue. I had been planning to
    write to the list to say that my little brother died, suddenly and
    unexpectedly three weeks ago. I can hardly bear the grief and (until now) I
    was confident that I would receive a few supportive messages back and be in
    the thoughts of many others that didn't write. Now I suspect I'll get posts
    back telling me that this is very sad but doesn't belong on a professional
    list.
    --Carla in LA

    ---