Make wise use of the list

From: mdecker (mdecker)
Date: Thu Jul 06 2000 - 18:36:46 PDT

    Bunki and Carolyn are right. I posted a message before I left using my
    school address with much the same tone. I don't remember exactly what I
    said...but this list is a treasure of knowledge. As you read, look for
    people who have similar philosophies and ideas...Add those people to your
    own address books. If you have a problem, look for someone who has had a
    similar problem and find how they solved the problem. This list is a
    valuable tool to help with lesson planning, discipline concerns, classroom
    management and research.

    It is important to use this list for professional development and support.
    Let us keep it for sharing knowledge (and yes...for patting each other on
    the back for our accomplishments). I get the digest, so it is easy for me to
    skip mail I do not want to read--I just look at the subject lines and scroll
    down (I have that handy little scroll wheel). Sometimes I find myself
    laughing at the stuff that does get posted....but do remember that this list
    is something that can be taken away. We have Bunki and others to thank for
    their efforts to keep it.

    I always send my personal notes to the person who sent the original message
    as that is really easier for me (otherwise I would be replying to the whole
    digest). I always read the personal messages that people send to me first,
    too. So....if any of you are frustrated with getting 100 e-mail a
    day...Maybe you should try the digest for a day or two. It is much easier to
    delete one e-mail if you do not have time for it.

    Thanks Bunki and Carolyn for making a point....and my apologies to anyone
    who opened who does not agree....Lyris did not like "Delete if you do not
    agree" as a first line.....So folks "Delete" now.

    Judy

    ---