Re: supplies - what to do?

From: Nnaell
Date: Thu Jul 06 2000 - 17:08:13 PDT

    I was in a similar situation!!! I found that I used the buttons, beads etc
    for masks, collages, puppets, etc...also you don't have to use it all up this
    year. As for the oil based clay, I use it for kindergarten and first grade
    to build skill with clay. As an extension, after the students have finished
    their lesson, they get to work with the clay. Then, at the end of class, we
    have an "art museum" (a spare table or newspaper on the floor) Any one who
    wants to put his/her clay piece is the museum is welcome. Then one table at
    a time, the students get to come to the museum and look at each other's work.
     They love it...also it makes them able to leave the clay in the class room.
    I tell them this is practice clay and it stays in the art room. I have tons
    of it..when it gets all mixed up, I just throw it out and pull out some
    fresh. This is great for the first few weeks of school as the students are
    able to work for longer periods of time on their art work.

    I also used the clay as a "frog" for seasonal arrangements.

    Good Luck!!!

    ---