Re: supplies - what to do?

From: Litesal (litesal)
Date: Thu Jul 06 2000 - 16:23:03 PDT

    ----- Original Message -----
    From: SANDRA ROWLAND <serowland>
    To: ArtsEdNet Talk <artsednet>
    Sent: Thursday, July 06, 2000 6:17 PM
    Subject: supplies - what to do?

    However, I have about 50-60 packages of non-hardening
    > clay. I would rather use clay that hardens or needs firing so the
    > students have proof of their work. Nothing that can be flattened! What
    > am I to do with this amout of clay?? Some could be used for a free day
    > but not that much! I could have a mold making project for sculpture, but
    > could the younger ones (I will be teaching K-4) do that? Help!!
    >
    > Sandra in AL

    Dear Sandra,

    That's funny, my room had a surplus of plasticine clay when I moved in also.
    I think it may have been ordered for the other teachers, every year they ask
    for it. I also had too much newsprint. Six years later, and I still have
    plenty of plasticine and newsprint (without ordering any!). What I do to
    get rid of things, is I put it in the "teacher storeroom," which is outside
    my art room. Eventually, they take it all!

    Leah

    ---