Re: supplies - what to do?

From: The Austin's (whest177)
Date: Thu Jul 06 2000 - 16:06:44 PDT

    However, I have about 50-60 packages of non-hardening
    > clay. I would rather use clay that hardens or needs firing so the
    > students have proof of their work. Nothing that can be flattened! What
    > am I to do with this amout of clay?? Some could be used for a free day
    > but not that much! I could have a mold making project for sculpture, but
    > could the younger ones (I will be teaching K-4) do that? Help!!

    Ooooh, I love dilemmas like this! Don't feel like you have to use it all
    this year. I don't have any problems with having leftover stuff at the end
    of the year. I would use this for centers. Don't let them take the stuff
    they make, just let them sculpt with it. They will be learning, doing
    "hands on" experimenting, and at the end of class they can smash it and put
    it back in the tub. By the end of the year it'll be ready to be pitched -
    it'll get dirty.

    Michal

    ---