Re: Art imitates LIfe

From: John & Sandra Barrick (astroboy)
Date: Thu Jul 06 2000 - 14:13:29 PDT

    Alasann1 wrote:
    > Don't be amazed, irritated or exasperated if someone wants a piece of your
    > ideas for their own. Imitation is the highest form of flattery. And of
    > course, as some of you chose to, all you have to do is say no-if you like.
    > Kindness breeds appreciation.
    Appreciation is wonderful but I am talking about the people who find
    you on the internet by typing in a subject or phrase and up pops
    posts pertaining to their subject from our list.
    This is why it gets the list bogged down with petty or unrelated
    subjects. Anyone, not just an artist, list member, fellow teacher
    etc. can find your posts on the WWW.That's what I mean by
    strangers requesting info and wanting you to send them everything to
    their address. YOu have to be careful these days and it helps to a
    least know a familiar name from the list. I'm not saying I haven't
    helped people in the past nor that I won't help them in the future.
    I do get a lot of unsolicited email and I trash all of it.
    Sandra
    astroboy

    ---