Re: In-Kind documentation

From: AnMStringe
Date: Thu Jul 06 2000 - 10:10:09 PDT

    In a message dated 7/5/00 7:48:48 PM Eastern Daylight Time, kimberly
    writes:

    << I am using my personal computer and digital camera for the museum. This is
     total of $5,000 worth of equipment. How can I document this as an In-kind
     donation? If someone from the community was donating use of this equipment
     they would send us bill for the amount and mark it a donation. But I’m not
     sure how to do this as a staff member. We need to document this, for some of
     our grants. >>

    One of our teachers who has "donated " items( lamps/ artwork) to dress up
    the school conference room/ counselors outer office has written a letter of
    thanks on school stationary and had our principal sign it. This seems to work
    for the IRS. It seems like it would work for your ppurposes.
    Ann in Georgia

    ---