RE: its all greek to me

From: Lawrence A. Parker (occti)
Date: Thu Jul 06 2000 - 10:34:51 PDT

    > Several years ago my elementary level students made a mock 3-D
    > model of a Greek temple

    Or, get creative! For those in snow bound states, you might try this next
    winter:

    Back in the winter 1970-1, a friend of mine and I went out one wintry night
    and built a seven foot high Roman column, sitting on a 3'x4'x5' corner of a
    crumbling temple floor out of snow in the middle of the student commons at
    Purdue University. The reaction of students the next day was
    interesting,...and more snow sculptures by other students followed!

    Lar

    ---