performance based assessment

From: Barbara Hall (bahall)
Date: Thu Jul 06 2000 - 07:59:52 PDT

    Once again let me direct you all to the book "Assessment in Art Education"
    by Donna Kay Beattie. Published by Davis available for 15.00. Dr Beattie
    did a spectacular 2 day workshop here in Arkansas last December on
    assessment. She shared quite a bit on performance based assessment or
    "tasks" as they are done in Australia. Very cool and exciting stuff. I
    used some of her information with some of my ideas for a workshop I taught
    to elementary science teachers on assessment. We simulated a performance
    based assessment using the theme of "herbs". The science teachers loved
    it.

    I would also recommend the other books in this Davis
    series...Aesthetics/Marilyn Stewart and Talking about Student Art/Terry
    Barrett. Very very readable books.

    Amanda Linn

    ---