job offer

From: Felsecker (felsecker)
Date: Thu Jul 06 2000 - 07:43:11 PDT

    Hi All!
        My daughter has a dilemma and I thought I'd ask you professionals for your honest opinions. Actually, it is a rather nice dilemma.....She's been sending out teaching job applications like mad....had a school district call to invite her for an interview and it went well....she'd be teaching at a jr. high school. She practice taught at the third grade level, loved that grade, and had hoped to find a position in an elementary school. Well, you guessed it, the jr. high administrator left a message yesterday, announcing the job was hers if she wanted it and how anxious he is to hear from her and meet her. Dilemma: She has an interview late NEXT week at an elementary school for a third grade position. Obviously, she has no idea how this interview will go; if she will even click with the principal; if she will like the area..etc...etc...but, it "sounds" pretty good and a friend of hers teaches in that district already and likes it alot. Also, it is the grade level she really wanted.
    QUESTION FOR YOU ALL: What would you do??

    ---