Re: Student Art Calendars

From: LOUISE HARVILLA (harv4art)
Date: Thu Jul 06 2000 - 06:34:39 PDT

    Dear Sharon,
            If you send me a mailing address I will send you one of the student art
    calendars I produced with my middle school students. It was a very
    interesting project, one I would like to do again utliizing the things I
    learned from experience. It was successful in many ways- a collaboration
    with many different groups of people. A local printing company did it
    for us on quality paper IN COLOR ! We used it as a fund raiser for a new
    local library that was under construction in the community... hence...
    children's art for children's literature. The creative writing and
    poetry students did poems that were interspersed through the pages along
    with the artwork. Our deal was to sell the calendars @ $5.00 ea and
    whatever we sold we were to give 40% back to the printing company to
    cover costs and 60% would go to the library fundraiser. I'd really like
    to do art notecards and sell them for a fundraiser project. Anyways some
    of the details of this learning experience are interesting and just may
    help you- so, if you're interested contact me. I'll be away for a week
    coming up here soon- leaving tis Sat. for the PA Governor's school for
    the arts. sincerely,
                                   Louise Harvilla, harv4art

    ---