RE: our listserv's purpose......

From: Lawrence A. Parker (occti)
Date: Thu Jul 06 2000 - 04:54:28 PDT

    > > I agree with Bunki, We need to keep our list serve about art
    > > and art related subjects.

    Of course. I think that everyone primarily agrees on this. My point was
    three-fold:

    1) These "tangents" appear relatively infrequently;
    2) These "tangents" usually don't last long, and
    3) This "tangent" is somewhat of a singular phenomenon, being at the end of
    the school year.

    And, I'll add a fourth:

    4) That there needs to be some topical "venting" or "slop" area to allow for
    chaotic free flow. If people didn't feel permitted to bring up inane topics
    now and then, it might crimp their freedom to bring up more creative and
    personal/professional topics.

    As we all know, creativity cannot be boxed or dictated, and much of teaching
    in general hinges on that, let alone Art!

    Lar P.

    ---