Re: gravestone rubbings

From: Joseph Augusta (jaugusta)
Date: Thu Jul 06 2000 - 03:50:15 PDT

    Tmcnorf wrote:

    > what is best for kids to use for gravestone rubbings? i have seen some really
    > nice ones and want to try it with a group of kids. 12-18 yr olds.

    Remember than in most cemeteries you must get permission to do this
    since carelessness can ruin some very old inscriptions. Since you're
    unfamiliar with proper technique and conservation rather than plunge
    head-on first research on the internet or your library for how-to
    instructions.

    Try this:
    http://www.berkshire.net/ags/qrubbings.shtml

    Best wishes,