Re: graveyard rubbings.......

From: Batmom44
Date: Thu Jul 06 2000 - 03:47:02 PDT

    I did gravestone rubbings many years ago. Our school was located across the
    street from a cemetary. It started with a guest speaker on the rubbings taken
    from tombs in England and other places decorated with figures representing
    the deceased. Since most of the students in the class were local natives and
    many of their ancestors were buried in the cemetary it ended with a wonderful
    exploration of their family trees, epidemics, increased life span, etc. All
    in all it was a beautiful experience.
    Reatha

    ---