graveyard rubbings.......

From: Bunki Kramer (bkramer.us)
Date: Wed Jul 05 2000 - 20:55:54 PDT

    from: Bunki Kramer (bkramer.us)
    Los Cerros Middle School
    968 Blemer Road
    Danville, CA 94526
    ************************

    Another paper you might try is regular ditto (copy machine) paper with
    crayons. The paper takes watercolor wash over the crayon nicely and can be
    ironed afterwards to flatten. Paper is strong but flexible. I've never tried
    gravestones per se but we've done crayon texture rubbings around the
    classroom, then watercolor washing, cutting them up into diff. sizes to make
    large animals or faces with diff. textured hair and skin. Gerald Brommer
    (sp?) has a great lesson like this in one of his two videos on P&Es. It
    sounds "elementary" but I've had some gorgeous pieces of art come out of
    this at the upper middle school level. Toodles......

    ---