Re: gravestone rubbings

From: Maahmaah
Date: Wed Jul 05 2000 - 20:21:24 PDT

    In a message dated 7/5/00 9:28:47 PM Central Daylight Time, Tmcnorf
    writes:

    << what is best for kids to use for gravestone rubbings? i have seen some
    really
     nice ones and want to try it with a group of kids. 12-18 yr olds. i have
     used crayon with no good luck. i am looking to do this real cheap.
     newsprint too flimsy?
     any ideas will be appreciated. thanks.

    I have done it with 2nd graders with great success using crayon. We used
    dark colors like black and purple -- the big fat kindergarten crayons peeled
    and colored with on their sides. Newsprint is too flimsy. I suggest thin
    drawing paper. I have also done it with really soft chalk, but it gets messy
    if you are not careful. Aren't cemeteries great? Lots of art, history,
    legends, emotions......

    good luck and have fun!
    -Lee

    ---