Re: its all greek to me

From: Henry Taylor (taylorh)
Date: Wed Jul 05 2000 - 13:27:36 PDT

    You could have the students do the 3 primary architectural orders in clay (or paper I suppose)
    Like making a set of building blocks. Extra credit for and architrave or entableture? Making a
    model of a Megaron might be fun too. I noticed that my 5th graders played around with building
    structures during a pre-columbian unit last winter.

    Yevette's Chimera suggstion is a good one. Nice-tie in to biology and all the new genetic
    research going on. It seems fairly likely that we will be seeing living Chimera in not too long.
    Biologists are using the term to apply to any assemblage of species components. There
    is even talk of Human Chimera -- adaptations for deep sea or deep space living... They
    needn't be MONSTERS at all. A Pegasus-like creature might fit the current usage of the
    term for example.

    -henry

    ---