Re: its all greek to me

From: Yvette Lewis (yvlewis)
Date: Wed Jul 05 2000 - 13:10:18 PDT

    I have done a lesson in clay with 7th graders based on mythology. I read to
    them and then we discuss the myth of the Chimeara (spelling?) about a
    monstor the is part lion, part dragon and part viper. They really seem to
    like the tale and the discussion is really fun. Then they have to come up
    with their own hybrid creature. Their creature does not have to me
    "montrous" and I have seen some pretty cute bunny dogs and cat snakes!!
    Sometimes we glaze, sometimes just paint the fired clay piece. In the clay
    process, surface texture is emphasized.

    Yvette