Re: its all greek to me

From: Nancy Walkup (walkup)
Date: Wed Jul 05 2000 - 13:05:51 PDT

    You could have students each make an amphora, either from paper (2d) or clay (3d) with a scene that depicts a contemporary sport or activity (like a trophy). I've had students create their own patterns from heavy paper(symmetrical balance, cutting on the fold, positive/negative space) then paint with original designs.

    Nancy

    walkup
    http://www.art.unt.edu/ntieva/

    >>> ernst85 07/05/00 02:48PM >>>
    I'm teaching a group of 3-5th graders this summer. We are taking a tour
    related to Greek architecture, sculpture and mythology. I would like to
    follow up with a lesson in clay, or painting. Does anyone have a lesson they
    would like to share? I was thinking of doing Greek urns from clay. I'd love
    to do some architecture or mythology but am not sure how to go about it with
    this age group. Any suggestions? Thanks a million chris