Re: financial assistance for teacher ed

From: Nnaell
Date: Wed Jul 05 2000 - 12:00:27 PDT

    I am surprised he does not qualify for loans. I do realize you have to pay these back, but not until six months out of school. (I was completely broke, and paid for grad school this way) Also there is work study, and if one is going to a state school, it is reasonably inexpensive. Also there are scholarships, you have to do the research. But now, there are online services that do scholarship hunts.

    Yes, you are right, there are gov. programs that will give aid to students who commit to teaching in areas of need. I am not sure of the particulars...it pays to do the digging though. This is a good place to start...great resource, this list.

    ---