Re: Newspaper in Art Education

From: Tsheffey
Date: Wed Jul 05 2000 - 11:37:23 PDT

    I have had the students cut an interesting 9x 12 section out of a newspaper (with ads or pictures included with lettering), tear it in half, glue half to a piece of paper and draw the other half with colored pencils and black pens. Its a good assignment if having a sub.
    Also, I know a friend who uses pieces of newspaper to have the kids practice Calligraphy lettering because it keeps everything lined up well and doesn't waste alot of paper.
    Teresa in El Paso, TX

    ---