Re: Project-Based Learning

From: KSchiavo00
Date: Wed Jul 05 2000 - 07:49:40 PDT

    During my student teaching experience at a high school, I taught "advanced
    photography" where I focused on commercial and graphic art. One project I
    remember was constructing a Game "jacket" for the box of a current board
    game. The assignment was to shoot original images and scann them into the
    computer. Using those images, Adobe photoshop and word processing, students
    were to construct a composition to create a new game jacket which
    incorporated all the information necessary the promotion of a board game (top
    and four sides). The kids really got into it and were able to see a natural
    application of art and technology.
    Kathy in Kalamazoo

    ---