Re: The Woody Diet

From: KSchiavo00
Date: Wed Jul 05 2000 - 07:25:38 PDT

    Roberta-
        Weight loss is often times like quiting smoking (unless its a chemistry
    thing). You must be "READY" to change your habits for good! I constantly
    battle the weight thing (25 lbs over weight) ever since I quit smoking (20
    years). I watch what I eat and I exercise (summer walks = 16 mi per week).
    I love summer cause I feel so much "healthier". I am so occupied with
    school/ projects/ students and my family during the school year I tend to
    neglect ME. But its always a struggle. Too much weight on a body is NOT
    good -but you must be ready for the change in lifestyle before it will be
    able to come off. I was ready to "quit" smoking but knew I would gain some
    weight -I was "prepared for that consequence. Now I try and control my
    weight by eating better and getting some form of excersizing in my schedule.
    You must change your outlook and sometimes you must even "alter" who you hang
    around with. Its not easy -therefor if your not "mentally" prepared for
    this- it won't happen.
         Summer is a great time to begin a change! Finding fresh fruits and
    veggies is easy and very yummy. Buy yourself a juicer and begin to take
    care of yourself. Walks are wonderful! I walk with a friend at 7:45 in the
    morning. It is still cool (kind of) and it doesn't interfere with my days
    activities. We walk the HS track for an hour -every day. We talk straight
    through and the hour rushes by. Forget the weight for now and just try and
    feel better- both physically and mentally. Every time you eat ask yourself:
    how GOOD is it for you? Make sure your physical activities are ACTIVE and
    not passive. Picking weeds in the garden is not as active as mowing the lawn
    with a PUSH mower. Change your life -YOUR WORTH IT!!!!!!!!!!

    ---